- 4:30 p.m.
- Quarterly: March, June, September, December
- City Offices
2nd-Floor Conference Room
56 W. Main St.
Westminster, MD 21157
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
The Commission consists of 5 members appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the council. The members of the commission must be residents of Carroll County and at least 1 member shall have a background in horticulture, arboriculture, forestry or a related field.
- Steve Allgeier, Chair
- Cindy May, Vice Chair
- Tim Bangerd
- Richard Wilbur
Nonvoting MembersThe commission has two non-voting city staff, including the Director of Community Planning and Development or his designee and the Director of Public Works or his designee.
- Andrew Gray, Comprehensive Planner
- Eric Schlitzer, City Arborist
About the Commission
Westminster Tree Commission promotes and assists city staff in accomplishing the goals of the City Tree Management Program, to maintain the trees, shrubs and open space areas in a safe, healthy and attractive condition, to operate a program that is cost effective and meets the professional standards of the tree care industry, to use educational materials and programs to promote proper tree care to the residents of the city and other municipalities. The responsibility of the Westminster Tree Commission is to:
- Study, investigate, counsel and/or develop plans for the care, preservation, pruning, planting, replanting, removal or disposition of trees and shrubs in parks, along streets and in other public areas
- Upon request of the Mayor and Common Council, the commission shall consider, investigate and make findings, reports and recommendations on any special matter or question coming within the scope of its responsibilities
- Promote proper tree care to the residents and property owners in the city
- Coordinate and host the Annual Urban and Community Forestry Workshop
Tree City USA
The City of Westminster is proud to be a Tree City USA, having been recognized every year since 1989 by the Arbor Day Foundation. The Arbor Day Foundation has also recognized City of Westminster Urban Forestry efforts by awarding the Sterling City Award in recognition of our success as a Growth Award community.