Annual Community Forestry Workshop
The 25th Annual Urban and Community Forestry Workshop will be held Friday, October 6, 2017
*Please note the new location: John Street Quarters, 28 John Street, Westminster, MD 21157*
Presented by Bartlett Tree Experts, the Westminster Tree Commission, and the City of Westminster.
The annual workshop was established with the goal of improving the skills of arborists, foresters, gardeners, and landscapers from government agencies. To this end, the one day event brings in industry experts from around the country to provide professional training and education. State Foresters and private arborists and foresters are welcomed as well.
All eligible attendees receive Maryland Pesticide Applicator--Full Recertification and Continuing Education Credits from ISA (International Society of Arborists) and the American Society of Foresters. Offering these re-certification and continuing education credits is an ongoing service which recognizes the professional achievements of the attendees.
2017 Workshop Details
- Date: Friday, October 6, 2017
- Time: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. 'Rain or Shine'
John Street Quarters, 28 John Street, Westminster, MD 21157
- Cost: Registration fee provides morning coffee and pastries, hot lunch, and manual
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED; NO WALK-IN REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED
- Early Bird Discount Rate $100 per person on or before July 31, 2017
- Regular Rate $125 per person on or after August 1, 2017
- Student Rate (FREE for current students with Student ID, limited to first 10 students)
If you choose to receive an invoice, it can be paid online by clicking here (or by going to https://eweb.westgov.com/ and choosing “City Invoices”). Create a user account with the information from the invoice and pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted).
Presentations (subject to change)
- Safety in Arboriculture
- Soil for Trees Under Pavement
- Regulatory Update
- Insect Update
- Tree Inventory
- Disease Update
Afternoon Field Sessions (Choose One, subject to change)
Insect and Disease Clinic:Field Session on Insect and Disease Identification Treatment Alternatives
Tree Pruning Workshop:A Field Session on Tree Pruning
Root Collar Inspections and Treatments:A Field Session and Discussion on Excavation Techniques
What Else You'll learn
Attendees will hear from experts in the areas of:
- Safety Issues and Advancements in the Green Industry
- Latest Insects and Treatment Options
- How to Identify and Manage Diseases in the Landscape
- How to Identify and Address Abiotic/Cultural Issues
- How to Identify Storm Damage and Potential Hazards
- Regulatory Compliance - Updates on New Laws, Procedures, etc.
- And MORE!!!