Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The City of Westminster Recreation & Parks Dept. is seeking volunteers on Saturday October 12, 2019 for our annual Oyster Stroll along Main Street. We are seeking volunteers from 8:30 AM - 11:00 AM (age 18+) for Vendor Load-In (Volunteers will assist vendors to their previously assign area), 10:30 AM - 4:30 PM (age 18+) for Perimeter Control and Gate Operations (Volunteers will be stationed at festival entrances/ exits to ensure guests do not leave the festival area with an open container of alcohol), and 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM (age 18+) for Vendor Load-Out (Volunteers will assist vendors safely out of the event to ensure the road can be re-opened at the appropriate time.) If you are 21 and over you will receive a free Oyster Stroll ticket for volunteering.
We appreciate your time and we will do our best to ensure that your volunteer experience is rewarding, productive and safe. We ask your cooperation in following these guidelines:
1. Follow staff instruction and complete duties and assigned. Ask for help, as needed. Report possible hazards or unsafe activities to staff. Volunteers leaving before the end of a shift must advise staff.
2. All personal belongings, purses, backpacks, computers, etc., should be left in your vehicle. The City of Westminster Recreation and Parks assumes no responsibility for damage to or loss of personal property of volunteers.
3. Be safe. Use proper lifting techniques, using your legs to push upwards, keeping your back straight and body balanced. Solicit the help of another person to lift objects over 20 pounds. Ask for help if you need assistance.
4. The City of Westminster Recreation and Parks will not tolerate volunteers under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will not be permitted to volunteer. Smoking is not allowed.
I have read and understand my responsibility to follow these rules while I am a volunteer for the Oyster Stroll in Downtown Westminster. Any injuries will be reported immediately to staff. I understand that I will be asked to discontinue volunteering and leave the premises if I do not follow these requirements and show good judgment.
* indicates a required field