section header bottom line
Print Page


Where is the The City's Recreation and Parks Department located?
The offices are located in the Longwell Municipal Center (Old Armory building), 11 Longwell Ave. Westminster, MD 21157 410-751-5501.
What are their hours and where do I park?
The offices are open from 8:30-4:30 Monday Friday. There is a metered lot across the street, free spots on Paide Way and metered spots in the Longwell Parking garage.
Are you associated with the County's Recreation and Park Department?
No, we are not associated with the County's department, but we do sometimes combine efforts and equipment for classes and events.
How can I get a list of your events or programs?
Please email or call our office to be placed on our mailing list or to request specific information call 410-751-5501 or email us!l
Where can I find out about your festivals and special events?
Click here or call our department, 410-751-5501, for printed material. Fliers can also be found at the CCPL Westminster Branch, CC Tourism office, or in downtown businesses.
Do you have recreational classes running all the time?
Click here for our schedule effective April 1, 2014
Click here for a description of our classes.
How can I get an application to be a vendor for your festivals?
Fallfest vendor applications are located on their web site:
Flower and Jazz festival food and nursery vendor applications andCraft and Commercial vendors can access Flower and Jazz vendor applications on the website in February. Call 410-410-751-5501 or email us.
Can my child earn Service Learning hours with your department?
Yes, During certain events service learning hours can be earned. Contact our office at 410-751-5501 or email us.
Do you have any programs for senior citizens?
No, We don't have specific programs for seniors, but check out our local senior groups and centers: and
What parks have pavilions that I can rent?
The following parks feature pavilions: Westminster City Park (2 pavilions), Dutterer Park, and King Park. Reservations can be completed online.
Are there bathrooms at each park?
The following parks have bathrooms: Westminster City Park (2 pavilions), Dutterer Park, and King Park.
Can you have DJ's at Recreation and Parks rental properties?
Having a DJ for your event is decided on case by case basis determined by park or facility rented.
Can you have a grill at park pavilions?
Yes, but all coals and trash must be taken with you.
What age do my children have to be to attend or Day Camp?

Summer Day Camp is for children in grades Kindergarten through Grade 8.
What is your Tax ID # and how can I find out how much I spent on Camp last year?
Please call the office for the tax ID # and for a print out of your payments. 410-751-5501.
Where can I get an employment application?
Click here or call the Human Resources dept., 410-848-9000 (Ext. 6043)
Where is City Hall located?
1838 Emerald Hill Lane, Westminster MD 21157. However, all of the City's administrative offices are located at 56 West Main Street, Westminster, MD 21158.
View Map
Where can I get information about the Community Pond?
Carroll County Recreation and Parks - 410-386-2103
When is Westminster City getting a dog park, or where is the closest dog park?
At this time the City of Westminster does not have a dog park but Carroll County Recreation & Parks operates a dog park at Bennett Cerf Park, located in Westminster near Random House. For more info, please visit or call 410-386-2103.
Do you have sports leagues or sports programs?
We do not offer leagues but can direct you to Carroll County Recreation and Parks and their recreation councils: 410-386-2103 or