- Community Planning & Development
Community Planning & Development
The Department of Community Planning and Development is responsible for overseeing all physical development in Westminster. The department is divided into 4 functional areas: planning, zoning, community development, and economic development. Work is coordinated between these various functions so local citizens, government agencies, contractors, and others receive professional service delivered in a fair, consistent and efficient manner.
Forms & Applications
- Administrative Adjustment Application - Request a variance to required zoning parameters
- Application for Utility Service - Required to extend public water and sewer
- BZA Notice of Appeal Form - Request an appeal before the Board of Zoning Appeals
- Good Cause Waiver Application - Required to extend utilities outside the city boundary
- Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit Application - Apply for a tax credit to help pay for improvements to a historic structure
- Rezoning Application - Required to request a zoning change
- Sign Permit Application - Required for new commercial signage following Chapter 164-117
- Simplified Site Plan Application - Depending on the scope of work, a simplified site plan may be required.
- Water Allocation Application - Required when additional water consumption is created
- Façade Improvement Program Guidelines - For commercial properties within the Designated Main Street area, learn more about eligible projects.
- Façade Improvement Program Application - Apply for a façade improvement project to assist with up to 50% of eligible project expenses.