- For Residents
- Arts & Entertainment
- Performing Groups
Perhaps you'd rather be a participant or performer than an observer. There are many performing organizations in the Westminster area in which you can participate. Here is a sampling of them:
- The Children's Chorus of Carroll County exists to foster vocal development and musicianship through choral experience.
- Common Ground on the Hill is a musical arts organization formed to provide the opportunity to teach and to study various musical instruments and art forms representing various ethnic and cultural traditions.
- The Encore Community Music Association is an intergenerational band and orchestra program for musicians of all ages, including an instrumental program for home-schooled students.
- Masterworks Chorale of Carroll County is a nonprofit corporation designed to provide singers and audiences with varied choral experiences; all people interested in singing are encouraged to do so.
- The Old Line Statesmen Barbershop Chorus is an acapella chorus singing four-part harmony since 1982, devoted to community singing and entertainment in and around Carroll County.
- September Song Musical Theatre has organized and performed a Broadway musical for the past 38 years in Carroll County. Founded by two educators, Arnie Hayes and Robert "Doc" Kersey, September Song is a 501(c)3 nonprofit community theatre based in Carroll County Maryland that annually draws a talented cast and production staff from Carroll, Baltimore, Howard, Anne Arundel, and Frederick Counties, as well as Baltimore City and Pennsylvania. They are dedicated to spreading a quality gift of the arts through musical theatre to all of their participants on and off stage as well as to their audiences of all ages. September Song is also a component fund of the Community Foundation of Carroll County.
- September Song Musical Theatre">Tree of Life Theatre Troupe seeks to provide an avenue for teenage artistic endeavors in the form of annual theatrical productions. The troupe teaches a unique style of acting combining traditional elements of method acting with the emerging field of interactive theater.
- Westminster Municipal Band is an awarding-winning marching and concert community band that provides entertainment in Westminster and the surrounding communities.
- Westminster Ringers, Inc. is an auditioned community handbell ensemble.