Benjamin Yingling was born at Carroll County General Hospital (now Carroll Hospital Center) in 1984. He attended Robert Moton Elementary and East Middle School, where he developed friendships that last to this day.
Upon graduation from Loyola Blakefield, Councilmember Yingling enrolled for two semesters at Carroll Community College, then attended McDaniel College where he played on the varsity lacrosse team as a three-year starter. During high school and college, he worked at Paradiso Italian Restaurant and Antrim 1844 where he learned the values of teamwork, hard work, and customer service.
After graduating from McDaniel, Councilmember Yingling decide to pursue a career in financial services and was recruited by a large insurance firm in Hunt Valley, Maryland. He started to work with his family business, Crawford Yingling Insurance, in July 2011 and has never looked back. In 2012, he met an amazing woman, ironically at a Chamber of Commerce event. Two years later, he and Amy were married, and they found a lovely home in downtown Westminster.
Councilmember Yingling’s community involvement activities include:
- Board Member/Carroll County Representative, Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chairman, Carroll County Chamber of Commerce
- Chair, Golf Committee
- Member, Launch Carroll Young Professional Committee
- Member, Legislative Committee
- Board Governor, Loyola Blakefield Alumni Association and Chair, Taste of Blakefield
- Member, Westminster Rotary Club
- Capital Committee, Westminster Boys and Girls Club
- Carroll Hospital Golf Committee
His term expires May 2021.