Recreation & Parks
ServicesFor more information on the following services, check out the links on the left.
- - The City of Westminster Summer Camp offers endless opportunities for your child to have a fun and memorable summer camp experience each and every week. Each day at camp is designed to spark your child's imagination, grow new friendships and assist them in discovering new talents.
- Events and Programs - The Recreation and Parks Department offers year-round programs for the entire family. A few of the events are Mother-Son and Daddy-Daughter Date Nights, Corbit's Charge Ball, and A Month of Sunday's Concert Series.
- Family Fitness Center and Longwell Center are housed in the historic Armory along with the Recreation and Parks administrative offices. This full-service health and wellness center for all ages has selectorized and free weight equipment, a cardiovascular center, group fitness classes, child supervision, game rooms and locker rooms and is open seven days a week. There is also a gym and space for classes. Memberships and daily guest fees are available.
- Parks & Trail The city has 14 parks totaling 50 miles. Nine parks have play equipment for Pre- K and school-age children. Other resources in the parks include 4 multi-purpose fields, four basketball courts, seven tennis courts, climbing boulders, six pavilions, two plazas, and a skate park. The city also has a walking trail that runs from Uniontown Road to Long Valley Road. The trail is approximately 2 miles long.
- Pool The Westminster Municipal Pool is currently undergoing renovations.
- REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS AND MAKE PAVILION RESERVATIONS ONLINE!- Click here to use our online registration program.
Those who give the gift of their time will be eligible to receive different rewards after volunteering a certain amount of hours during any/all our events. Rewards are broken down into two categories: volunteers age 17 and under and volunteers age 18 and over.
If you are a volunteer age 18 and over, there are over 50 possible volunteer hours (subject to change) available during a calendar year. Incentives will be awarded as follows:
At the end of the year, the volunteer with the most hours will receive a Facebook recognition as well as a $50 gift card to a local restaurant.
After volunteering 3 hours:You will receive a free ticket to one of our strolls on Downtown Main Street (Wine Stroll, Beer and BBQ Stroll, Oyster Stroll). These tickets will be general admission tickets. If a volunteer is interested in a VIP ticket for any of these events, you will be responsible for the ticket upgrade cost.
After volunteering 15 hours:You will receive a free punch card to either: the Westminster Family Fitness Center or the Westminster Municipal Pool. These punch cards consist of 10 visits to the facility of your choosing.
After volunteering 30 hours:You will receive a free Westminster Recreation sweatshirt.
If you are a volunteer age 17 and under, there are over 15 possible volunteer hours (subject to change) available during a calendar year. Incentives will be awarded as follows:
At the end of the year, the volunteer with the most hours will receive a Facebook recognition as well as a $25 gift card to a local restaurant. In addition to the incentives listed above, you will still receive student service learning hours.
After volunteering 1 hour:You will receive a free appetizer coupon courtesy of Texas Roadhouse located at 21 S. Cranberry Road Westminster, MD.
After volunteering 5 hours:You will receive a free punch card to either: the Westminster Family Fitness Center or the Westminster Municipal Pool. These punch cards consist of 10 visits to the facility of your choosing.
After volunteering 10 hours:You will receive a free Westminster Recreation sweatshirt.
In order to document your hours, you are responsible for signing in and signing out at each event. Directions for signing in and signing out will be included with instructions for each event. Event specific information is sent out the week prior to each volunteer opportunity. If a volunteer has not properly signed in or signed out at any event, the hours will not be documented. It is the responsibility of the volunteer to accurately report to a member of the Recreation and Parks Department at each event.
Employees of the City of Westminster and event partners will not be eligible for the volunteer incentive program. Volunteer hours worked during Fallfest (if recruited by one of the Fallfest Charitable partners) will not count towards the volunteer incentive program.
To see all of our available volunteer opportunities, click here.