The Housing Services department includes the City of Westminster Public Housing Agency, which administers its Housing Choice Voucher Program; Code Enforcement, which has responsibility for enforcement of the City’s Property Maintenance Code; and, the Rental Housing License program, which oversees the issuance of rental licenses required by City ordinance.
Housing Choice Voucher ProgramThe Office of Housing Services is the Public Housing Agency for the City of Westminster and administers the City's Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP). The Housing Choice Voucher Program is a federally-funded program that provides rental assistance to low- and moderate-income individuals and families.
- How do I apply for Housing Choice Voucher Program?
View or download the Section 8 Housing Application.
- How long does it take to get a voucher after you apply?
The amount of time that an applicant waits for assistance is dependent on the following factors:
- The number of applications ranked higher than your application.
- Funding Availability – there must be funds available to issue vouchers to eligible families.
- How can I check my position on the waiting list?
You can check your status online at www.waitlistcheck.com. You can also call the office on the third Wednesday and Thursday of the month between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4 PM.
The wait list is maintained by date and time of pre-application. Additional consideration will be given for applicants based on preferences.